Unknown Facebook automatic payment

AmrMesbah12
New Community Member

Dear team, I’ve got charged 250$ from Facebook and I have no idea how and why?!

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

KyriakosViolari
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. "Facebook ad automatical payments" charged in a night while i was sleeping from my two cards i had connected with paypal several amounts more than 100EUR. When for first time search in categories about ads in Facebook in my advertising account were admins 2 unknown profiles i never added! In advertising history was open a "campaign" i had no idea what it is and all charges debited for this campaign. When i reported all transactions in Paypal as unauthorised activity they closed the case said "there is no unauthorised activity we can't cover these payments and we cannot refund you"!!! Is PayPal serious? This is the way protect its customers? I have also sent many emails and texts to live agent and they don't even answer. My bank said me its obvious that its FRAUD because i didn't give my concern in Facebook charging me. What about you guys? You made it taking back your money or its impossible? Thank you, kyriacos <removed>

Login to Me Too

mehighmar
Contributor
Contributor
Dear Olivia, Please see my reply to your colleague Ashley, here above. May I kindly ask you for your feedback? Thank you for your support and looking forward to hearing back.
Login to Me Too

NVY1
New Community Member

This has just happened to me! This is certainly a scam, how is this still happening a year later?! I have reported the suspicious activity. They've already taken 3 euros,I hope this gets resolved immediately...

Login to Me Too

Temp20210429f

Until today I did not had any Idea that Facebook was added (without my consent) to the Authomatic Payments in Paypal.

My Facebook adds account was hacked.

To my astonishment, I took notice of the fact when I saw the Paypal receipt sent by email.

The amount charged was 174,63 USD

I have noticed in my Facebook account that campains were ongoing and two unknown users added by themselfs as administrators.

I removed them and alerted Facebook.

PlayPal closed the case, stating that this was an authorized payment. Authorized by who?

So my question is:

Who authorized on my behalf Paypal to allow Facebook to charge me?

Login to Me Too

Wombleinc

Had one setup on March 24th. After 3 hours of waiting(still waiting) to talk to someone from paypal. This is literally insane. No one should be using paypal it is an extremely crooked business.

Login to Me Too

ZE12
New Community Member
Same happend to me. And I’m going to end my PayPal account and I’m gonna report this problem further as PayPal aren’t doing anything about this . PayPal said it’s not a supicious activity. And I don’t know nothing about these £12 taken from my bank. PayPal service is very bad. Ending my account and never gonna come back to PayPal again.
Login to Me Too

PurpleSQ
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me too! I found scammy ads running on my account that I never authorized - I've never used ads before at all! I am now fighting it with both PP and FB. So! You all know the disgusting China-based scam ads that Facebook allows to run rampant, especially in the holiday season? Apparently one of the scammer's tactics is to hack FB accounts and use the member's money (via Paypal or whatever card is linked) to pay for and run the scam ads. If you find mysterious charges from Facebook go look under your ad manager - I can all but guarantee you'll see surprise ad campaigns running that you never created. So now we have scams on top of scams and Facebook is doing almost nothing to combat any of it. PP will not reimburse you, don't bother. They require proof you were robbed. You have to go after Facebook after changing all of your passwords and reporting fraud. You will probably have to send report after report after report before FB bothers with you. There's no way to get anyone live on the phone so good luck.

Many victims are those who fell for their scam ads and had their information skimmed by the bait websites that the ads link to. Facebook allows thousands of these ads to run despite KNOWING about the scams - they value the $$ from the purchases of the ads over their member's security and safety. This has been an ongoing issue since 2019 and a fix has not been implemented yet. You would all be wise to remove all payment methods/cards/paypal links from your FB until a fix is in. Google 'facebook scam ads' for more info.

Link to one user's story: https://www.darkstardigital.co.uk/facebook-ads-account-got-hacked/

Login to Me Too

alexkuzmov
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same thing happen and I saw the payment today.

25 USD was charged on the 16.03.2021 and I saw the payment on my statement today.
Payment reason: PAYPAL *FACEBOOK FACEB <removed> IE
It says invoice ID: P3735925013187425
Which I`m not sure what it means, but I see nothing in my Facebook Ads Manager, no charges, no nothing, no campaigns of any kind for this year, no invoices from Facebook

And when I try to click on: Manage Facebook Payments (which is a link inside the transaction view) the link leads here: https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/autopay/connect/undefined
Undefined?
So something charged me 25 USD for no reason, gave me false transaction details and its not even appearing in your DB?

My guess is paypal have been hacked, not just facebook

I`m canceling my card in FB, this is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Rkjc
I have same problem today! 28.04.2021. In description is AUTOMATIC PAYMENT, but do not have any automatic payment active! Charged for 25$. And on Facebook there is no active adds and no funds! Paypal please resolve this!
Login to Me Too

AndyH1954
New Community Member

Same for me - raised a dispute and it was closed saying I authorised the payment - not true! Facebook have stolen my money!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.