Under 18 depop connected to pay pal

sav05
New Community Member
Hey so I’m under age (17) and created a Depop account. Will I have to wait until I’m 18 to access the funds or will the money be taken away ?? Pls help I’m stressing out
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sav05 

If your PayPal account is limited requesting documentation, you’ll have to admit to being a minor by writing a note, pdf it and upload to the request. Then proceedings to permanently ban the account will commence which includes holding the funds for 180 days as PayPal allow this amount of time for senders to dispute previously sent payments to your account. 

Being a minor, you “might” be able to make arrangements for early withdrawal, no guarantees.

To discuss your issue, reach out to PayPal customer service:

1. https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us
  2. Click Disputes and account limitations.
  3. Click Account limitations.
  4. Click Check the status of a limitation.
  5. Click Call Us after “This information might help” box.

Otherwise, if you have not sold anything yet, don’t, and unlink the PayPal account from Depop and close the PayPal account.

You may have a responsible adult, like a parent, open an account with their personal info and financials to conduct these sales for you. Or simply wait until you are 18, get proper photo ID, SSN, bank account/debit card to set up a PayPal account the right way. It won’t do you any good to circumvent PayPal policies, it’ll catch up with you one way or another.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.