Unauthorized transaction

cg_training
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there,

I own a business account with Paypal and since the beginning of April, we have been victim of several unauthorized transactions made from our Paypal account. Somebody was able to make mass payments of the amount of $15000+ .

The first couple of times this happened, Paypal promptly helped us and reverted the amount stolen, and every time we promptly changed our password.

On May 1st, it happened again and we were notified by Paypal that something suspicious happened with our account, and sure enough a total of $15000 was stolen from our account, but this time Paypal is not willing to revert the transaction, even after appealing to the decision. Paypal final decision is that these transactions are "normal", which they aren't. 

During this ordeal, we kept asking Paypal to give us more information about these transactions that could maybe tell us the source of these issues, but we never heard back. At some point during this, the Resolution Center of our Paypal business account stopped working (error 503). But if I login to my personal paypal account, it works just fine. This tells me that our business account might still be in danger, since the Resolution Center is still down for us.

I have repeatedly emailed Paypal about this but I haven't received a response at all.  

Did anybody have a similar issue? I am completely disturbed about how a financial company can be allowed to be so unresponsive and its customer service be so unprepared to answer even basic questions (I will spare you all from the details of my conversations with Paypal customer service).

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Chase

Hi @cg_training,

Thank you for your post!

We are truly sorry to hear that your account has been compromised, and that you're having trouble being refunded. In this situation, since a case has already been filed, it's best to reach customer support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Support is also available if you send a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal.

I hope this helps!

Chase

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

cg_training
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried going the route of Twitter, but it was a dead end.

The email I received with the decision on the case had an email that I could use to appeal,  and I have been emailing there, but no response whatsoever, not even a courtesy email saying that they indeed read the email. Super frustrating and it's a major source of stress for us because we feel our account is still vulnerable, because for some reason the resolution center is not working for our account (but it works for our personal accounts)

My business is seriously considering closing our Paypal account and choose payment solution at this point.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.