Unauthorized transaction dispute being denied?

DeusesPR
Contributor
Contributor

Unauthorized transaction dispute being denied? My PayPal credit account information was stolen and used to purchase bunch of online games and gift cards. Been with PayPal for years and the first time I need their help to solve an issue they deny my claim 30 minutes after it was sent for review? anyone else have this issue? even the person from support on the phone was completely agreeing with me how obviously stolen the purchases were. HELP! it was so much money, I'm terribly in debt now.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DeusesPR
Contributor
Contributor
So what i ended up doing was calling Synchrony bank and disputing charges directly to them instead of paypal. That's what worked for me.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DeusesPR 

Paypal doesn't cover you for all unauthorised transactions.

Best read up on the section in paypals user agreement and see where you could have lost out as you have not put enough information on how scammers accessed your paypal credit account for us to advise further.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Leas2010
New Community Member

Today, I have a transaction from AIRBNB PAYMENTS UK LIMITED for $720 that I did not make.

Has anyone experienced something similar? I filed a complaint with PayPal, but they're telling me there was no unauthorized use.

BUT I DID NOT MAKE THE PURCHASE.

Any advice?

Did you have any positive response from Paypal?

Login to Me Too
Solved

DeusesPR
Contributor
Contributor
So what i ended up doing was calling Synchrony bank and disputing charges directly to them instead of paypal. That's what worked for me.
Login to Me Too

Leas2010
New Community Member

Thank you for the response!

I've already initiated the process with my bank and Airbnb.

Login to Me Too

Mandybrown29
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I'm having a similar problem. Someone apparently hacked my account and ordered 590.00 worth of Lululemon USA particularly 1 hooded jacket, in the same color, same size and same style, but PayPal is saying that the order is consistent with my account and even after sending a ton of proof that I did not place the order, they're still denying my claim and still trying to convince me that I made the order, and the order was delivered to somewhere in Oregon!! I live in Illinois!
Login to Me Too

Baobei2004
New Community Member

Same problems. On 1/2/2024 someone transferred a total of over $2000 from my Paypal account to a bank account. I filed a case to get money back. In a few minutes Paypal replied "No suspicious activity", "consistent with your payment history." What a shame for Paypal. If they just review my payment history, for the past 8 years, I only paid 1 dollar to my friend. I am going to spend all my Paypal money and change to another platform. Shame on you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Baobei2004

Thanks for visiting the PayPal Community; welcome! 

I understand your recent unauthorized dispute was denied, and I'm sorry to hear that. Please reach out to Customer Support by selecting 'Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal website or by visiting one of our social media pages to request an appeal. You can find Customer Support on X (Twitter), Facebook, and Instagram

I hope you receive a refund soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.