Unauthorised transaction

CLAV21
New Community Member
So I've woken this morning to 2 payments and 3 declined payments to ea swiss sarl the 2 payments that have gone through have cleared my bank account out hence why the other 3 got declined. I've not made these payments but they say they are pre approved on my activity, I've never approved anything like this in fact I've never even bought anything from this company nor do I have anyone in my family that has. My PayPal has obviously been hacked I've queried this with PayPal and they've come back and said they'll do nothing as they aren't unauthorised. I've reported it separately to my bank as fraud but they've said if PayPal say it's me that's the end of it. How on earth do I go about getting my money back or get paypal to actually look into it ? The only details I have are those that are on the PayPal transaction as I've not ordered anything 🤷‍♀️!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CLAV21 

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it?
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CLAV21
New Community Member
I've done that and it is showing there under inactive but only those 2 payments it's not a subscription that I've ever signed up for. It's not even a subscription it's for one off payments for coins on apex according to the transaction info. I didn't even know what that was until I googled it today. This also doesn't help to get my money back 🤷‍♀️
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @CLAV21,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know about the unauthorized transaction on your PayPal account and I understand this can be frustrating. In this case, I would recommend you to report the transactions through the Resolution Center so that our concerned team can investigate and update you with the results via email or Resolution Center. Here's the Help Center Article to know more information. If you need any help, please reach out to PayPal Customer Support Team through the available contact options on our website. 

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.