Ukrainian refugee in Poland: how identity verification is done in my case?

milas63
New Community Member
Hello, I have been living in Poland continuously since March 2022 as a Ukrainian refugee. I opened a personal PayPal account several months later, and now have received an email asking to verify my identity. I have a Polish bank account linked to my PayPal account which has been verified in the very beginning. Now the question: is it okay if I upload a Ukrainian passport scan since my Polish ID hasn't been issued yet? By ID I mean a permission for a temporary stay in a form of a card. Besides the Ukrainian passport I have a Polish identification number, Polish rental documents and documents about utility bills paid (associated with the same address as my PayPal one), with my name present on all bank papers. PayPal automatically sets my nationality as "Poland" when I go to submit the passport scan. Will changing the nationality to "Ukraine" be a correct action so that the information matches the passport?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @milas63

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community Forum! 

I understand you're concerned about uploading documents to your PayPal account, and I'll be happy to help. You are welcome to upload your Ukrainian passport, even though you now live in Poland. You will likely need additional documentation if your account was limited and you were asked to upload verification documents. A utility bill typically works perfectly to show proof of your current address. 

The nationality listed on your account doesn't impact anything, but if you would like it to reflect Ukraine accurately, please reach out to Customer Support after uploading your passport. You can find the different options to reach Customer Support on our Help Center here.  

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.