Twitch Donations Being Held and Paypal Business Account Limitation

BrewerAlesong
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am a newer Twitch Streamer and I was told to create a PayPal business account by StreamElements for donations. This is honestly my second business account because my first one was permanently locked for the same limitation status that my new account has now. To remove the limitation, I have to link my business's website. Last time I linked my Twitch account, after receiving advice from PayPal customer service to do so, and then immediately my PayPal account was locked even though I had a note by customer service. I'm afraid if I do that again the same thing will happen. I made sure when I created the account this time to choose online entertainment, set-up my business address as my home address since I stream from home, link my personal debit card, and open a PayPal debit card so I could access my funds straight from PayPal instead of going to the Third Party bank. I've verified I am a real person once already. I've also linked the PayPal through the StreamElements guidelines. I'm not sure why I keep receiving these limitations when a streaming website actively tells streamers to link donations to PayPal. I've seen other people with this problem as well. I wish to contact customer support before doing anything this time.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BrewerAlesong
Contributor
Contributor

I also forgot to say, that I removed a limitation once already after I paid another person for art I received. That time I provided my ID.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.