Trying to send an item over Gumtree, might be scam.

oneajs
New Community Member

The PayPal email I got is from: <removed> This a scam?

Pretty sure this is a scam so I want to be careful.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi @oneajs,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I know it can be confusing when you receive emails and you’re not sure whether it's legitimate or not. The safest way to confirm the emails’ validity is to log in to your PayPal account via the PayPal website. Do not use the links in the email received. Any of the activity reported in the email will be available to view. When you receive a payment, you’ll see the money in your account right away. Even if it was placed in your pending balance, you’ll see this. We want you to have complete visibility of your money. We won’t ask you to use a 3rd party such as Western Union, MoneyGram or any other payment processor. Please forward any suspicious emails or websites to spoof@paypal.com. If the email is known to us, you will receive an email to confirm whether it was sent by PayPal. If it’s not known to us we will immediately investigate and extract all malicious content. To learn more about online safety, click the "Security" link near the bottom of any PayPal page.

-Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.