Tracking provided isn't specifically for my order

UnderScoreMan
Contributor
Contributor
So I made a dispute on a payment for a purchase I made from KrugerEDC because the shipment took very long and now the shippet has provided a tracking number that is probably for a combined shipment containing multiple packets (according to the tracking info). So the tracking isn't specifically for my order and on the USPS website I also cannot see any info about the receiver if it's me or not. For all I know it could be a shipment from US to US and not to my adress in Europe. Do I let the dispute close and file one later or do I escalate with this message?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@UnderScoreMan 

NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim WITHIN 20 days of opening it.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

UnderScoreMan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for your advice!

So two things happend:
- Turns out the tracking IS for a shipment coming my way as per email from stamps.com. 
- The auto-close date has been set to tomorrow due to added tracking.

What do I do now? Can I make a new dispute for if the shipment I'm expecting ISN'T what I ordered?
Do I let it auto-close, escalate? I still want the shipment, but it the communication wasn't clear at start that's why I filed the dispute to begin with.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@UnderScoreMan 

Escalate, if you lose because tracking shows delivery but you don't get it then you can appeal.....post back as to how if that happens.

If the item turns up but not as described you can change the claim to not as described OR if you lose because its timed out already due to tracking then you can contact customer services to open a claim for a different reason.

If you close that one now then  you won't be able to re-open it or a new one for the same transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bcfirstbcfirst
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like a scam happening to me ATM. Someone sent random junk from China (a squirt bottle) I disregarded it. Later the scammer claimed an Item that I purchased was shipped to me & they had the tracking number to prove it. Later I figured out that the tracking number in question referred to the random squirt bottle that I got in the mail and discarded the packaging for. Anyway, paypal so far could car less and "closed" my case without even chatting with me about it!  If what's happening to you IS a scam like my problem, it will also happen to other people as well and that will be proof enough for paypal, should they be motivated to pursue justice somehow.

Post and let us know what happened. I'm going to make a federal case if I don't get some justice. Since I'm alerting them of a scam they should be happy to help me. So far, they're not.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bcfirstbcfirst 

Paypal gives you 'some buyer' and 'some seller' protection but its up to us to risk assess our own transactions.

Buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall.

Did you open a dispute for non receipt of item which the seller would win with a tracking number OR did you open a dispute for item received but not as described ie wrong item sent?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bcfirstbcfirst
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal resolved in my favor. I didn't associate the random junk I received in the mail with the seller in any way. I MIGHT have checked into it if I received an empty box  - I didn't.

The right thing to do is find a way to tell paypal about the fraud rather than play along with the scammers - they should be better equipped to deal with it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.