Submit a formal complaint to PayPal credit

Krypt15
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, this is my first time posting here. So apologies in advance if I make a mistake. I want to make a formal complaint to PayPal credit. Reason for this is because I have a dispute with the seller in which PayPal sided with the seller. The seller is not refunding me for a service I am no longer using and PayPal are not helping. So I want to make a formal complaint and if take it to the Financial Ombudsman. I've tried calling PayPal credit but the customer service said they don't take complaints over the phone. I've tried also doing it online and I go through the process until it asks me my complaint reason. I click "other" as they don't have one related to disputes. I'm then taken to PayPal assistant in which I type "complaint" it then tells me all agents are offline and to contact them during business hours. I've been trying for a week to submit a complaint. If somebody can kindly help please thank you.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Krypt15 

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it?
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

If you have a subscription set up then only the merchant can cancel it if its within the terms of their contract with you. If its listed in your subscription/preapproved payments list then paypal are legally bound to pay it when claimed by the seller. That is probably why you lost any dispute.

To complain/appeal you have to go via customer services.

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

Or paypal credit customer services.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-virtual-credit/faq

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.