Sent to the wrong recipient?

Dusty24
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I am new to paypal. I was unaware when sending money that I should enter the sellers email, I just put the name in and sent the money. The seller hasn't received it and I don't know who it has gone to? I entered it as friends and family so can not dispute it. How can I find out to whom it has gone?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dusty24 

Shame you lost your buyer protection by breaking paypal rules and sending funds for a purchase using the friends/family option.

If you had used the goods/services you could have gotten a refund.

However what does it say on the transaction on your paypal account? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dusty24
Contributor
Contributor
It just says a name. There is no email attached to it . Money sent -51euro. I haven't used PayPal before It is still pending in my bank account. There is no email or account details relating to where it went.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dusty24 

So its saying money SENT??

In that case not a lot you can do about it as it has successfully transferred.

However click on the transaction and there should be an email address on that 'details' page.

If so email them and request a refund?

However if they refuse not a lot you can do about it unfortunately.

Be careful as a lot of sellers ask you to use the friends/family option and then pretend that they have not received the funds knowing that there is not a lot you can do about it as you don't have buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dusty24
Contributor
Contributor
The person who received it has messaged me to say I sent it in error. I have asked him if he would kindly send it back. But I have not heard anymore from them. But I have faith in human decency. Either way lesson learned. Thanks for your help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.