Seller refuses to refund after dispute closed.

Nalfa
New Community Member
I bought an item from overseas, it cost me $2500 and I opened a dispute, to which the seller agreed afterwards that they would refund the entire amount. It took a while for the item to be sent back and the dispute closed by default. At the time, I didn't see it necessary to escalate the claim. But now the seller is refusing to refund the item even though they received it. What can I do? PayPal will not reopen the dispute even though the seller is not going to refund me the amount and its a large amount too.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nalfa 

You should always escalate a dispute to a claim before it times out just in case the seller refuses to refund you.

Then if the refund is issued by paypal it would just save the seller having to do so when the item arrives back.

Sadly nothing  you can do now if you didn't escalate unless you funded your paypal payment via a credit card? If so then talk to your card issuer and see if they will help you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.