Seller offered refund, item returned but not getting refund.

danieltanfilm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I bought an item about 4 months ago and it was not as described so I raised the case within the window and eventually got an email from PayPal saying seller has offered me a refund. So I sent the item back as instructed and it was confirmed delivered. It's been a month since item was delivered and I even discovered the seller sold the exact same item on another platform a couple days ago. I know it's the same exact item because it has a unique serial number. Till now, I have not received any refunds and case is still pending review. This is frustrating as I followed instructions from Paypal word for word and not getting the refund. I kept reaching out to Paypal through the online chat and all they say is nothing can be done and there's a backend team working on it. What can I do to get my refund back?

Thanks

Daniel  

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danieltanfilm 

Did you escalate the dispute to a claim? Or did the seller offer a refund during the dispute stage?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

danieltanfilm
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Thanks for replying. This is dispute I raised and there were a few back and forth between PayPal and myself. I furnished all the evidence to show that it was an item not as described. I was not anllowed to talk to seller directly during this period. Eventually I was notified by PayPal that seller offered a refund and so I shipped the item back. Right now, the case status is under review by PayPal according to the dashboard. Daniel
Login to Me Too

danieltanfilm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi again,

Correction, I checked my records and I raised the dispute to a claim. Below is what I got from PayPal in an email:

Once we’ve confirmed that XXXXXX has received the item(s), we’ll issue the refund and close this case.

It may take up to 5 days for this refund to be reflected on your account. If you paid using a credit or debit card, the money will be refunded to your card. Depending on your card issuer, it can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement, depending on your card issuer's timeframes.

It's been a month now since the item was delivered back to the seller and PayPal did not issue refund to me.

Daniel 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danieltanfilm 

Forget the online chat, phone them instead?

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.