Seller didn't ship for 3 weeks, opened INR case and seller uploaded tracking and escalated

ArikT
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've recently made 2 separate purchases from a seller on facebook (one after another) and was told they'd be shipped the next day.

The seller did not ship for nearly 3 weeks, during which I contacted him multiple times and he replied with "Tomorrow" over and over again.

After almost 3 weeks I demanded a refund instead, to which he replied "Don't worry I'll ship it" and didn't refund.

I waited a day and opened an INR case on paypal, and then conveniently the seller shipped and uploaded tracking.

Now he messaged me and demands to close the case.

Obviously the items have just shipped so they haven't arrived yet, it makes no sense to close it.

I've told him I will once they arrive, and won't escalate to a claim until then, so if everything is good he has nothing to worry about.

2 days later he himself escalates the case to a claim. Currently the tracking shows the item left his country and is on transit.

What's going to happen? What am I supposed to do?
Will paypal close the case just because he uploaded tracking? Or does he have any repercussions for not shipping for 3 weeks?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_MariaI

Hello, @ArikT!

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having with your purchase. If you have opened the dispute you don't have to worry about this. We have to check that the parcel was delivered to the correct address. Just make sure you keep an eye on your Resolution Center and inbox in case we ask you to provide more information about this. 

Have a nice day!

María. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.