Seeking Advice: Dealing with Unfavorable Chargeback Decisions

anmosharma
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out for some urgent guidance and advice on a challenging situation I've encountered regarding a recent chargeback case.

On April 9th, I received a notification of a chargeback case filed by a buyer who claimed an unauthorized transaction. Despite providing extensive evidence, including chat records demonstrating the buyer's consent to the purchase, the case was decided in the buyer's favor.

Initially, I reached out to the buyer for clarification, and they claimed their account was hacked. I diligently replied to the case with chat messages showing consent and payment proofs, but unfortunately, the evidence was not thoroughly considered.

On April 13th, I received an email indicating provisional credit was made available while the case was being resolved. However, to my surprise, on May 4th, I received an email notifying me that the card issuer decided the case in the buyer's favor, and the provisional credit was debited from my account, along with chargeback fees.

Here's where it gets tricky - I discovered that I cannot even appeal this decision, despite it being less than 10 days since the case was closed.

I am left feeling frustrated and uncertain about how to proceed. I have a negative balance and am facing chargeback fees, despite providing what I believe to be substantial evidence of the legitimacy of the transaction.

I'm seeking urgent advice from the community on how to best approach this situation given these limitations. Has anyone encountered similar challenges? What steps can I take to potentially appeal or resolve this issue, considering the circumstances? I can provide case details and all the proof if anyone needs it.

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially given the urgency of the matter. Thank you in advance for your support.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anmosharma 

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.

If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.