Scams, Scam, Scammed!

DefNotFaith
Contributor
Contributor

I am a 16year old who just maybe about 2 years ago, my parents finally allowed me to get a Credit Card. Which was a PayPal Card. And just NOW I get a notification on my phone saying someone has spent around 13$ from "Kinguin Digital Limited" Now keep in mind I just had saved up some money to put on my card so I could buy a pair of basketball shoes for my upcoming basketball season. And thank God I have them already before this scam happened. Or who knows what else this person could have done. I have been hacked before. "my Facebook account my mom made for me, Xbox, ps." but I would of never expected PayPal since they always talk about how secure and kids friendly there site is. I hope PayPal your seeing this because id like my money back. I could do a lot with that 13$ and a kid like me shouldn't deserve this. And even adults out here shouldn't deserve this. NO ONE SHOULD! it could give a BABY a heart attack.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DefNotFaith 

You wouldn't have been scammed if you hadn't broken paypal rules in the first place and opened an underage account.

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.

As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to do a withdrawal of funds from that account if there are any.

OR they may allow you to open a new account but thats not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once.

Kinguin Digital Limited ....have you been buying digital games?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DefNotFaith
Contributor
Contributor

Okay umm slow down lol. My "account" is my parents account. dont know why i'd have to include this. and its all of "THEIR" information. But its "mines" since im the only one who orders. so im not sure why'd you'd have to get all up tight. dont say things without the correct info... And no i have not gotten any digital games from paypal. i only buy that stuff in stores 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DefNotFaith 

Yep, still not allowed, a minor is not allowed to use a paypal account or paypals site.

Why is stating FACTS getting uptight? Or is it that you just don't like those facts?

I am stating the correct information, if its your parents account then that is even worse as they are breaking rules allowing you to use it and you are breaking paypal rules using it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

DefNotFaith
Contributor
Contributor

Hey um sorry but.. do you work at PayPal? like are you one of the workers.. because if so my apologizes for my "rude" behavior, but if you don't then... OK cool sorry for "breaking the rules" but please go out and tell that to every single teen, who has a PayPal account. And also could you please tell this to the bank that my mom goes to when she asked them "what would be a good place or site for my daughter to have a card to make purchases online?" And yes you are getting uptight over a :comment: but its okay ill just contact PayPal myself and try to get my money back thank you for trying to "help" though. Have a blessed night sir/mam 😄

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DefNotFaith 

Eventually those teens will want to accept money on their paypal account OR paypal would require them to verify.

When that happens it will show that they opened an underage account and even if they are 20 by then they would still face a permanent ban as they opened an underage account.

Like many others you will be back in a year or so complaining you have just received a permanent ban as you opened an underage account .....if not sooner as you have now let customer services know. So good luck contacting customer services as if you are banned you may not have any access to any funds until you are 18.

Again only stating the facts, I suggest maybe its time to obey the rules instead of thinking they only apply to everyone but yourself.

You don't seem to have much savvy on how things work shown by the fact you break paypal rules and don't even know what a community forum is ie you have to ask if I work for Paypal, if you read and understand you would already know.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.