Scammer tries to chargeback, I'm planning on suing paypal

m_op1
Contributor
Contributor

I sold sneakers on instagram to a buyer and a few days after the shoes were delviered the buyer claimed a chargeback saying it was an unauthroised payment on their card. Paypal did their "investigations" and came to the conclusion that I have to payback the seller after I already had the sneakers shipped and delivered to the seller with numerous screenshots and tracking number as proof. This was my response to the claim. 

"From the screenshots provided you can see the entire conversation for this transaction. The buyer contacted me on Instagram about the product; a pair of sneakers I was selling worth £250-£350 and we agreed on a price of £290 including next day shipping. I have also provided the correct tracking information with this response which also matches the events of this transaction and the conversation in the screenshots. I feel like I have done everything in my power as a seller to fulfil this transaction. I feel like it would be very harsh to be punish for the means payment from a buyer, which is something that is completely out of my control. I hope that PayPal will offer me support and protection of a seller in this matter because I feel like it would be a great injustice to be punished for something that I had no control over. I suggest to PayPal to hand this matter to the authorities and investigate the name given to me by the buyer "*******" and the address "*************". I will also offer my full support to PayPal to get this matter resolved."

But what did Paypal do? They charged me the price of my own trainers + a £12 dispute fee to make it a total of £302 on my account. I am getting punished because the buyer used someone else's paypal account to purchase from me after I provided screenshot evidence and tracking number of the whole transaction. I am thinking of going to court for this matter because I feel like paypal should have taken more responsibility in this matter. How are their security teams letting accounts be compromised so easily. I also provided concrete evidence about the whole transaction with the sellers so called name and the address they wanted me to send the sneakers to. I am fully ready to take Paypal to court over this matter. I am currently researching on how to do so and building a case. I feel like Seller Protection should have covered me on this issue. Let me know what you guys think, thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.