Scaming by PayPal-anyone else has this problem

jfundy
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone else feel they have been scammed both by the seller and PayPal. I have several orders that Paypal denied the scam by seller because the seller issues a bogus USPS number saying the package was delievered. I have asked for that number so I could check with the USPS to see if the package was "supposedly delievered" then I at least have some proof. One case was denied and Paypal sent me a tracking number on China Paot-logged in to China Post and the tracking number was bogus but the claimed denied and I know Paypal did not check. This is a real problem with paypal and their fraudulent seller

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

erhealer
New Community Member

Same thing happened and I immediately notified pay-pal. The email address for the person isn't even valid! Yet pay-pal denied multiple disputes from me. Maybe they are enjoying a secondary gain. Pretty disappointed in Pay-pal. No protection.

Login to Me Too

jfundy
Contributor
Contributor
I to have been scammed via Paypal- all the seller needs to is produce a bogus invoice from a deliverer or a bogus USPS tracking number and the buyer is scammed
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jfundy 

Paypal is just a payment processor that gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection.
So disputes for non receipt of item are mostly automated. Seller provides tracking that shows delivery = seller wins.
So then its your turn to do some work to assist Paypal in recovering your purchase price from your seller.

Firstly ring Paypal customer services and tell them that the number is fake or that the item was shown as shipped before you purchased it. With that information they may well just issue you a refund.

Secondly if they don't then... APPEAL
To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DougB4
New Community Member
I believe Paypal is as big a fraud as the fraudulent seller.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.