Resolution Center gave refund AND allowed customer to keep the product. How can this be?

taxdefener
Contributor
Contributor

Dispute ID PP-D-140019828 resolved dispute by granting refund AND allowing customer to keep the sale item. My refund offer assumed return of the sale item. How do I correct this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@taxdefener 

If a seller responds to a claim then paypal normally requests return of item for a refund.

If the seller does not respond in any way then paypal often awards the refund without the return of the item.

They also sometimes waive the return for claims for these China or scam websites.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @taxdefener , so it seems that paypal has chosen something other than your proposal.

( I don't know the reason for choosing paypal )
you can contact paypal customer service to dispute the decision. =>  Help & Contact

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@taxdefener 

If a seller responds to a claim then paypal normally requests return of item for a refund.

If the seller does not respond in any way then paypal often awards the refund without the return of the item.

They also sometimes waive the return for claims for these China or scam websites.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.