Reopening a Closed Dispute

ZeeBea
New Community Member

I have two orders with a vendor for the same product ( purchased 2 knee-braces for my husband and I and then at the end a message popped up that if I order a 3rd I can get that 3rd knee-brace for a cheaper price which I opted to do, which is why I had 2 orders all the same product)  The first order was for the pack of 2 knee-braces and the second order was for that 3rd one.  I received my first order which was literally a knockoff version of the knee brace the vendor was advertising,it looked like it was a homemade product and it didn't bend the way is was supposed to.  So of course I contacted the seller and due to their 14-day return policy (which is unrealistic since it takes over a month for you to receive their product to see if it needs to be returned) they basically said oh well too bad no refund. so I opened up a dispute with PayPal since it wasn't the same product.  I also opened up another dispute for my second order because I didn't receive it yet (I don't even want it since I know it wont be what they're advertising but I would need to first get the product in order to return it back to them). The seller responded to that dispute with a tracking number that it was delivered and without question PayPal just closed my case in the sellers favor since they provided the tracking information.  I pulled up the tracking number they provided and was confused as to why it was the exact same day and time that I received the package for my first order with them.  Then I looked at the actual tracking number and saw that they gave them the wrong tracking number! They gave them the tracking number from my first order (which I clearly got) but not to this order.  Because PayPal closed it, there's no way for me to inform them that its the wrong tracking number.  The customer service number is closed, I tried the virtual agent but they directed me to the resolution center which doesn't help.  I don't understand how a company can lie without repercussion.  How do I reopen the case since it's not resolved?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue too

I received wrong items and then returned back to the seller, provided tracking information to paypal 3 days ago and today they closed my case saying that i did not submit the tracking information, i also have no way to contact them except the message center which they are not replying

Login to Me Too

ohouse
New Community Member

Pretty much the same issue. Opened a case for item not delivered and then it finally arrived after almost two months. PP closed the dispute because the tracking number showed the item was delivered.  The problem now is the item received is not what I ordered.  There is no online method I can find to have the case reopened. Looks like the scammers have found new fertile ground in PP to rip people off. 

Login to Me Too

NoScams1
Contributor
Contributor

I think we should all complain to the BBB and Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs. PayPal is obviously a scam based business. They have no protections for the buyers and the sellers know they can scam the buyers with no recourse.

Login to Me Too

Darrenlong
I have exactly the same issue where I was in dispute over the item not being received and as that was being processed an item arrived. However how you can deliver a cheap and tacky ring instead of 2 garden chairs I have no idea. I’m trying to re open this case or at least file a 2nd one however there is no one you can contact or talk to from PP. the whole point of PP is to protect customers and it looks like they can’t even do that as they should be allowing a re open of a dispute. Anyone any ideas on how we can do this ?
Login to Me Too

meckart
Contributor
Contributor

There is absolutely nothing you can do. You can not speak with a human at Paypal. I have a credit card with a very low limit that I use for unknown sites now. If PayPal isn’t going to back up their service there is no reason to use them. I’ve changed my shopping habits and try to find things on Amazon and Walmart because they back up their service. I recently ordered a toy from Walmart not realizing that I was buying from a third party vendor on their site. They shipped me a dish towel instead of the expensive toy. Walmart took care of it immediately. I’m sorry for legitimate small businesses but these scammers have ruined it for them. One thing I’m trying to get shippers to change is issuing a shipping notice when a label is created. An item shouldn’t be marked shipped until it has been scanned in and picked up. Doesn’t help with the side scam of shipping a cheap item but it’s a start. Anyway Paypal is a useless service that does nothing to protect its customers.

Login to Me Too

meckart
Contributor
Contributor

Here's the scam I'm trying to inform Paypal about. They are so dumb they just close the case when the seller provides a tracking number. They won't even respond once it says delivered. I ordered a large item from a vendor who said they were in the US. They issued a tracking number and a few days later I received a delivery confirmation. Delivered 6/3 10:48am Blacklick OH put in mailbox. I knew this was wrong because it couldn't fit in the mailbox. So I took the number to the post office and they told me it was for a 3 ounce package that was addressed to a completely different address in my same zip code. 

So the vendor takes the money for an expensive item, then they ship an empty package to a random address in your same zip code. Since your delivery confirmation only lists your city not the full address, that creates a "proof of delivery" that is good enough for PayPal. The legitimate sellers should get on this. I am not ordering anything from small vendors or eBay any longer. And I'll never use PayPal again.

Login to Me Too

joycegriffin818
New Community Member
I just had the same thing happen to me with the tracking number saying delivered to a mailbox and its patio furniture I paid for. The package description said lightweight. I was scammed and paypal closed the case because of that bogus tracking number the seller provided.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.