Refund Issues

ymorrison
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased 2 pairs of sunglasses (different styles!) from a company on Facebook (I know BIG MISTAKE).  The company sent me identical pair of sunglasses.  I was given no return address or return packaging.  When I disputing on PayPal, I was told return the product and I will receive a full refund.  I am not able to return product if I have NO RETURN ADDRESS.  Also, it is to be returned to China.... which is of course on my expense.  Even if I was able to return the product to an address I am not given, it will end up costing me far too much.... no refund will be made, and I will be out a pair of sunglasses.   How is it that PayPal can side with companies like these?  And now PayPal has closed my case, and will not reopen.  I am stuck with 2 pair of junk sunglasses, that are identical!  Any suggestions?  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Ricky_Tang
Contributor
Contributor
If these items are from China, then don't worry because China does not allow any items imported into their country that are made in China. Here is the info you need to dispute and get your money back without having to send these item back. Look under "import restrictions" Then "prohibited items" "items marked "Made in ROC" (Republic of China)." But if your returning for repair, then: "products marked " Made in China," except for products being returned for repair" https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGIntDestDetails-e.asp?table=tblCountry&txtLetter=CN I have never had any issues getting my money back without having to send the item back.
Login to Me Too

ymorrison
Contributor
Contributor

Ricky- thank you.  This is very helpful, and I will look into this today.  Much appreciated!  Yvonne

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ymorrison 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.