Refund Identification Verification

Red1234567
Contributor
Contributor

I have a refund that a company has told me that they will process but it falls outside of the 180 days. It is because they initially refunded me incorrectly and since that point in time I have been trying to request the remaining funds that I am owed.

They have asked me to send identity documents to confirm the validity of my account, because their bank needs verification, however I am unsure if this is safe or recommended to do- any advice appreciated!

51164911-0BB1-4E26-B5B4-5D9917C573AA.JPG

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Chiara

Hi @Red1234567
Welcome to the community and thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear about your situation with the refund. If the payment was sent more than 180 days, unfortunately, you won't be eligible anymore for Buyer Protection. Sellers also can send a refund on the payment within 180 days. If they need to issue a refund after that specific timeframe, they will need to issue a new payment to send you the funds. About the requested documents, if you believe this information has been requested from PayPal, please get in touch with us directly from our website and we will be able to check it for you. 

I hope this helps.
Chiara

Contribuisci anche tu allo sviluppo della Community rispondendo alle domande di altri utenti, lasciando Kudos o accettando come soluzione altri post.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.