Purchased a fake product.

Stan62
New Community Member

Hi all.

I bought apple airpods pro from ebay australia and paying through paypal.

I bought it in this Feb so it has been 185 days so far. I thought it is a genuine apple product last 6 months. However, I had a visit to apple store today, and told it is actually a fake.

Well.. I didn't use it much so I didn't know it is a fake one. I tried to contact the seller but seller is already run away, deleted the account from ebay.

I contacted ebay and ebay seems not happy to help, because they can't find the seller.

I know it has been so long to realise it is a fake product, I feel just so bad.

I have purchase evidence from ebay(ebay order history) and paying money from paypal account to the seller.

What should I do? What paypal can help with this?

I can't open dispute paypal because it is just over 180 days...so sad.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stan62 

If the seller is in the same country as you then if you have a small claims court or similar you could file in there OR if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then you could ask them to chargeback (if its not over there deadline either), you would need to tell them that you have just discovered that they are fake which may entitle you still to a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.