Pre chargeback alert what it is and how long does it take to be reviewd

dimitriszag
Contributor
Contributor
Hi want to ask what is pre chargeback alert and how long does it take to be reviewed
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dimitriszag 

Presumably a buyer has started the process of a chargeback via their card issuer (not a paypal dispute) so paypal have pre-warned you.

To double check ask customer services?

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dimitriszag
Contributor
Contributor
Is unauthorized transaction covered by paypal seller protection ?because as far as i understood it is.when the product is delivered and has signature confirmation or am i wrong
Login to Me Too

snwong13
Contributor
Contributor
Beware. Sellers protection scheme doesn't work!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@snwong13 

Unfair of you to put someone else off just because it didn't work for YOU.

@dimitriszag 

Paypal would check the buyers IP address / history to see if they made the transaction or it was their normal spending pattern.

If they find the buyer did not make the transaction then they would be reimbursed, if they did make it then they would be denied.

However you should not lose out as long as you met the requirements of seller protection which it sounds as if you did. To double check go read up on it in paypals user agreement to make sure you ticked all the boxes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.