Personal email used by another person

Pineapplekat
Contributor
Contributor
Hi All, I have an email address which was set up 10+years ago but never used so there isn't any card details. But sometimes I get emails about transactions made and I tried to retrieve the account but the only option is for PayPal to call this number that isn't mine for verification. Does anyone have any suggestions how I could detach my email address? PayPal customer service has been useless telling me to use that account to open a case even though I told them I can't. Thanks in advanced!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Craig

Hi @Pineapplekat

Welcome to the Community! 

You may be receiving emails from us because a PayPal account has been registered with your email.

Someone may have mistakenly added it to their account when they signed up, either mistyping it or intentionally entering an email that wasn’t theirs.

Or it was recycled by a domain provider like Gmail, Hotmail, etc. If you have an email account and stop using it for a while, the domain provider can reissue the email address to the public and allow it to be used again by someone else.

If you want to stop receiving those emails, send us a message at UnsolicitedEmail@paypal.com.   

Tips:
Email us using the email address that you’re receiving PayPal emails
Include a statement acknowledging you don’t have a PayPal account and would like your email removed from the PayPal system
If you’re not sure the email you received is from PayPal, check our tips to learn more about email phishing and how to spot a fake email.

Hopefully, this helps! 

PayPal_Craig

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.