Paypal won't let me or the reciever Refund my money.

Joshgla
New Community Member

I accidentally sent funds through my bank to a friend and PayPal didn't let me cancel it while it was still in it's "pending" state. I've opened support tickets and it seems that paypal doesn't want to refund me, they tell me to ask my friend to open a support ticket to issue a refund from his end but he hasn't recieved the funds in his account and paypal refuses to cancel this payment on his end too. It was a CAD350~ transaction. Its been 4 weeks now and PayPal seems to have just stolen my money. What can I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Joshgla,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent payment. Was the transaction funded by eCheck? If so, it can take up to 7-10 Business days to complete - which depending on when it was sent, my take a few weeks to fully complete especially if PayPal is unable to capture the funds on the first attempt. Unfortunately it is correct that PayPal does not have the functionality to cancel or stop a transaction while it's pending or still processing. Like any bank or payment processor, we would need to see it complete to the receiver or be declined by the bank first. Any updates to the transaction are normally made available to you within the Transaction Details in the Activity, as well as sent via email or through your Secure Message Center. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this may present. 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.