Paypal rejected my dispute today and I can't appeal it

narek77777
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know why I don't see the option to appeal, because it happened today and I followed all the steps to appeal. I also don't understand why they denied my dispute without giving an explanation. They just wrote that they verified that everything is ok, but this is so wrong. I literally recorded my conversation with the seller on discord. I proved that it's their discord because in an earlier purchases they wrote that they're refunding me and at the exact time I got the refund. I also sent Paypal the conversation screenshot of the purchase I disputed where you can see that same discord account kept messaging me that they'll refund but this time they didn't and scammed me. The funny thing is even after submitting all this additional info, PayPal asked me to send proof of the buyer promising a refund within 2 days. I had sent it like 10 days ago, but I did send it again. I just feel like they didn't even look at the additional info I provided. I also wasn't able to send the video recording of our months of conversation due to its size, but I sent screenshots of the key moments.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@narek77777 

Paypal don't accept recordings / screenshots / conversations etc as proof of whatever it is you are disputing.

Paypals buyer protection policy does not guarantee you a refund.

https://www.paypal.com/am/legalhub/buyer-protection

You can only appeal if you have new evidence that was not available at the time they made their initial decision.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

narek77777
Contributor
Contributor

is this a joke? Paypal told me to prove that the buyer promised to refund me. I contacted with the buyer on discord, so I sent it as a proof. How on earth can you prove that the buyer promised refund if not by showing the conversation? And to prove it's not a screenshot, I recorded the conversation too. The only concern I can understand is not doing it because you can never be sure that the person I talked to owns the Paypal account that scammed me, but I proved that too. I think it's quite clear that I was scammed for any human being who looks at all the proof I sent. Btw this is not even a product that was delivered. He was selling an online in game item. Now, it turns out he was doing in a completely illegal way and the item was removed from all of his customers. He even proudly told me you ain't winning this dispute because I win so many disputes all the time. I don't understand the logic of letting scammers keep scamming just because it happened online and there is no in real life evidence, despite the conversation. This was my first dispute after so many purchases and I am really disappointed with how unfair the system is. Scammers keep winning these disputes and Paypal takes no action.

Login to Me Too

Pattyann1
Unfortunately there are so many scammers on PayPal and they do nothing about them. Like the scammer said he wins so many disputes.
Login to Me Too

Jimbo661
New Community Member
The advice on my app and other sources says you can appeal an initial decision. I've had near £1500 taken from my PayPal account for a payment I know nothing about for a company I have never heard of. However I can't find an appeal button.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimbo661 

You can only appeal if you have new evidence that was not available at the time they made their initial decision.

You appeal by contacting customer services with your new evidence.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.