Paypal limited my account with funds stuck in cryptocurrency, even after the 180 period

Temp20210929e
New Community Member

I've seen people have this problem, but no one has solved for me after spending hours on the phone with Customer Service.

They restricted my account in January, with all funds in cryptocurrency.  I could not and can not sell the crypto as the account is limited. The 180 day period expired, but no one in multiple levels of Customer Service has been able to help me sell my crypto or retrieve my funds. This is not a small account, for me anyway, it is over $2500 being held past the 180 days. I did learn after the reps insisting my balance was zero, that they can't even see an account's crypto balance without jumping through some hoops.

I'd appreciate any help in another contact avenue to pursue. I just want my money returned.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210929e 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jmx0291
Contributor
Contributor

Did you find a solution?! I'm facing the same problem, been trying for 2 weeks now.
Let me know please.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Sudop9000

Any luck? Do you know exactly what they did to allow you to sell your funds?  Im stuck and losing money by the day.  
Any help is appreicate!

Login to Me Too

sghussein
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem but with a bigger balance !! I just don't know how to get out of this dilemma, I have phoned them a million times and each time i get a different answer. The last response was that when they (Paypal) sell the crypto then they will allow me to cash out!!! So when are you going to sell the crypto paypal??????

Login to Me Too

Sudop9000

Did you find a solution? Do you know exactly what they did to resolve it? I'm stuck in the middle as well with a large balance in limbo. over 12 phone calls in & I've lost +$500 since the day it was unlocked, post 180.... Any assistance appreciated!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.