Paypal basically ate my refund and won't give it back.

Lebblebebble
Contributor
Contributor
I placed an order with wayfair for a pasta maker, intent on using it for polymer clay. The arrival date passed and the item never came. I gave it a week and then over the span of three weeks I tried to cancel the order twice as it never shipped and the merchant declined my cancellation request twice. Went through wayfair themselves, and they admitted that was super weird on the merchants part and marked my item as missing, saying it was likely lost, and issued me a refund. On my actual PayPal transaction page, it said clean and simple the 21$ for the pasta maker had been added. I went and looked at my actual bank account though, and they had REMOVED the 21$ from my account instead. I reached out to wayfair, asking if they accidentally charged me again instead of refunding me, and they were basically like "wtf is PayPal doing. They seem confused, go talk to them." The person helping me genuinely broke character to be **bleep** alongside me after I sent screenshots of my claims. I've never seen a resolution assistant break character like that lol. I dmed PayPal support, and sent them all the same screenshots, and they completely ignored the fact they deducted money from my account and sent me a copypasta about being patient and waiting 3-5 days for my refund. I reiterated that they took my refund amount FROM my account and sent the screenshot again. It was ignored, but not long after PayPal put the 21 they took from me back. I had been at $43 in my account at the start of this, pre refund, then PayPal charged my account of $21, putting it at $22, instead of adding the refund amount of $21. As of 12:40 Sep 20th my account is sitting back at $43, no refund, just the stollen amount returned. BEFORE ASSUMPTIONS ARE MADE: No, that was NOT the original charge for the item coming through upon cancellation. I'd been initially charged for it right after purchase over a month ago. The lady came back babbling as if the conversation was over, saying she solved my problem when clearly she hadn't, asking for feedback brownie points, and telling me to close the chat after. I responded back and said thanks for putting back the stolen money, but that I would be keeping the chat open until I received my refund. The refund grace period ends today, and I still have not been sent my refund my PayPal despite wayfair issuing it. Hence, they ate my refund. I know $21 dollars isn't a big deal to most, but I'm a starving artist, I have stuff to pay for, and I want my friggin money back. Why does PayPal support keep ignoring the screenshots? They literally show: -$21 - PayPal - Wayfair [over a month ago, initial purchase, item never arrived] [Wayfair issued refund] -$21 - PayPal - Wayfair [ten minutes after refund issued] +$21 - PayPal - Wayfair [The next morning] That was the only thing I've EVER ordered from wayfair, and I only ordered one. It's as if they took my money and tried to refund me with my own money 😕 If you don't believe my story, please don't respond. I'm not looking for more questions, I've provided all the info I have. I'm looking for how to get my money back and only that. Looking for help already went terrible on the PayPal Reddit. I've quadruple checked my transaction history. The issue isn't there. It's with PayPal.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.