PayPal won't let me spend, refuses to provide reason

TheUnknowns
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal told me that my account, which has never had a problem, underwent some security breach. They said that they shut it down my ability to spend money and have no plans to reopen it. They never once informed me there there was a security breach. Not by email, nor by phone. If you log into my account by app or by computer web browser there is absolutely no indication anything has happened to your account. There is certainly no indication a security breach has occurred. zero alert messages from customer service, you have no emails from the company. Nobody told you that a security breach happened. Customer service literally tells me nothing is written on the account and that it is best for me to basically not be a customer.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

TheUnknowns
Contributor
Contributor

I know how to contact customer support,  I was even clear in my post that I did contact support.   I was even clear in my post what customer service response was.  A link on how to contact customer support is unhelpful.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheUnknowns 

What did you expect? How are we supposed to know why your account had a security breach, ONLY customer services can sort that one out for you, hence me posting my unhelpful link. We can't investigate account issues only give general advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.