PayPal provided wrong information for three months now they won’t refund my money. What can I do?

LCG1
New Community Member

Please help. On August 25 I placed an order of $915 with a seller I worked with before, that I knew by a certain name. Unaware that PayPal had split the amount and $246 was charged to my credit card. When I saw this amount on my credit card statement I called to find out what it was. I did not recognize the name because it came through as a different name. I called the number given and no one answered so I didn’t k ow who this was. I asked my card company to dispute because I didn’t know it was PayPals charge. When I finally discovered what it was, two weeks later, I called both PayPal and my card company to let them know the situation and also that I wasn’t able to get I touch with the seller at this point either. I told both companies I was afraid they weren’t going to ship anything since I was actually not getting my calls answered. I told both, that the amount to be disputed should be $915. My card company said only $246 was charged to their financial institution so it needed to be addressed with PayPal. I continued to contact PayPal every two weeks for three months to follow up because they told me that because the Transaction ID was tied up with the $246 dispute they couldn’t address the remaining $669 until it was closed. They continued to tell me it could take up to 75 days. When the day finally came and the $246 case was closed I called and a many names Benjamin at PayPal told me he couldn’t do anything about the $669. I made every effort to avoid this for months and communicated every two weeks. What can I do now? I need help.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.