PayPal is denying me my Seller Protection

Ajay009

Hi All,

I am in desperate need of some help/advice here regarding loss of large amount of money

6 months ago I sold an item to a customer which was delivered to them with DHL Signed and tracked post with a tracking number.

Tracking number is 60120149418342 and the item was delivered successfully. Last month the buyer filed a chargeback with their bank for "Unauthorised Transaction" for the entire amount £1099.  We tried reaching out the buyer but the phone number on the order came back as invalid and no email response. PayPal advised me not to worry and they will respond to the case and simply asked me for a tracking number which I provided them,

As the order was eligible for Seller Protection, I was told by an agent in any case PayPal will cover me under Seller protection as she can see the tracking shows as delivered.

Two weeks ago I got an email that chargeback was ruled in buyers favour and PayPal did not cover me under seller protection. I immediately phoned PayPal and spoke to a very incompetent person who kept insisting that Seller protection was denied because the buyer files a chargeback with their Bank rather than PayPal which I tried to explain that's not what the Seller Protection Policy says. I hung up and called again and got through to someone else who was much more sympathetic and agreed I should have been awarded Seller Protecton, so she opened an appeal ticket with the backend team to reverse the decision. I re-provided them the Tracking Number and a letter written by DHL confirming the parcel was indeed delivered to the buyer's address. 

One Week later, PayPal messaged me on their messaging tool indicating that the backend team have reviewed the tracking number and whilst it shows delivered and signed by "BUYER's SURENAME" it doesn't mention anywhere the buyers full address and so backend team can't confirm if the item was delivered to the buyers delivery address. They further mentioned the letter from DHL is not a valid proof of postage and instead a postage receipt should be provided. (Not sure how a signed letter by DHL isn't valid but never mind that, I logged into DHL account and downloaded the "Postage receipt")

I immediately responded back highlighting that no courier tracking ever shows the full address due to GDPR, and I highlighted that on https://track.dhlparcel.co.uk/ under tracking number, DHL does for the address "post code" and only the correct "post code" returns full detail of delivery. And of course, I also attached and provided the "Postage Receipt" for it as well. A new agent on the messaging tool picked this up and confirmed she can see all is order and will just open a second appeal and escalation because she doesn't see any issues. I also highlighted that the customer hasn't even challenged the delivery but filed "Unauthorised" transaction!

I also asked at the time should PayPal continue deny me Seller Protection under the pretence that delivery address is not clear etc I want a "Letter of Deadlock" to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsmen.

Today, I've again received a feedback that tracking number doesn't show the entire full address of the Sender without any reference to all the other detail, document and postage receipts I've provided them. Also not been provided with a letter of deadlock. I've also just noticed the agent has closed the message now so I can't even reply. 

PayPal's phone number have been useless and they admit they can't do anything but to keep opening these appeals as it's the backend team who decide and I'm not getting a final decision letter from PayPal. 

This money is huge amount for me and I am desperate and lost on what to do. I never thought PayPal, such a big company he pull tricks like this. 

Any help is really really appreciated

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

snwong13
Contributor
Contributor
Indeed I suspected earlier something is not right from the day my buyer filed in complaint. Absolutely and clearly, my case can prove that the buyer is a real time scammer! How can Paypal letting go the case in favour of my buyer? Is there any collaboration between credit card issuer and PayPal behind me? I will gather all this information to get a justice for my case. Thanks. Patrick
Login to Me Too

snwong13
Contributor
Contributor
I don't understand why PayPal is removing my reply! I will sell what I can do.
Login to Me Too

snwong13
Contributor
Contributor
Few messages refrain from writing by PayPal. O will find other means make more noise!
Login to Me Too

JWK2801
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is now telling buyers to do chargebacks rather than a PayPal dispute.

Confirmed By 3 of my buyers so far.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.