PayPal asking for proof of damage

tkeidan
Contributor
Contributor

I have opened a dispute with a seller on PayPal for an item of clothing which I ordered in a size Small and arrived in a size medium. PayPal have sent me the following message:

To continue with our investigation, we need documentation supporting your claim the item is damaged or significantly not as described. You need to get a document (such as an estimate or invoice) from an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer, repair shop, appraiser, or another individual or organisation that is qualified in the area of the item in question (other than you). This document should detail the extent of the damage or clearly explain how the item received significantly differs from the item advertised. No repairs or alterations should be made to the item, as doing so will limit our ability to successfully resolve your case and may result in the cancellation of your dispute. Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller.

How on earth am I expected to gather the information that PayPal requires? I have already sent images of all the issues outlined for each separate item. How am I supposed to convince someone to write a letter stating that the shoes I ordered are creased or the jacket I ordered is the wrong size? I don’t understand how I am supposed to meet this request. Has anyone experienced something similar previously and managed to get this resolved? I’m really stressing out about this as it is a significant purchase and I’m really unhappy with the outcome.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

mulumbaatanansi
New Community Member

Many Many 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.