PayPal accepted obviously false tracking information to rule for the merchant

carlmi
Contributor
Contributor

The merchant did not deliver (in Dec 23), then would not communicate. I put in a dispute with PP (in Jan 24). The merchant then sent me a message they would be unable to deliver but would not process a refund unless I withdrew the dispute.  I would not. The merchant gave PP a delivery notice that did not 1) have my address and 2) showed delivery prior to their messages saying they had not and would not deliver. 

After a long process of rolling deadlines for resolution, PP finally decided in the merchants favor since they received "shipping tracking". 

Can I assume:

1) PP will do nothing

2) PP is more interested in keeping sellers happy than the buyers?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

mlothamer
New Community Member

I am having a similar problem.

The whole reason I use PayPal when dealing with companies outside of the United States is so I have a bit more protection. 

I am very disturbed that just because they produce something that says they delivered the product, means that their opinion is valued more than mine, your customer. 

If I had received the product, I would not be lodging the complaint.

If the company had been cooperative at all regarding the missing items, I wouldn't be lodging a complaint to PayPal. 

Just sending me something that says it was delivered, no signature, no photo, and then telling me to check with my neighbors and family to see if they got a random package was absolutely ridiculous.  

If this is the way this company decides to protect its clients, I will be using other pay security sites instead of PayPal. 

Extremely Disappointed
Login to Me Too

carlmi
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using PP for years and while rarely helpful they have never been this blatant about discarding buyers for the merchants that feed them the money.  Without some further action I will be closing out my account at the end of the month.  I've already removed some of my information.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.