PayPal Buyer protection = no logic, no protection

dpehlivanov
Contributor
Contributor

I just wanted to share a very weak spot in Paypal policies, how i got burned and why the Paypal team reacts so illogical and thinks like robots...

I purchased an item which arrived damaged and couldn't agree on a refund with the seller, so I opened a dispute.
The seller then offered a refund after returning the item. However during the dispute he has changed his address and left on paypal his old address (on his previous workplace, but he just changed the jobs). The seller told me about the job change on Whatsapp, but I also checked his LinkedIn, so I confirmed for me the job change, so it is true.

So meanwhile he told me to send the package on his new address, because simply he quit his old job on his old address and he will not be there to receive it. I am sending to the new address, seller receive the package and confirm it to me and Paypal close the case in his favour because the address was different.
I appealed sending all proofs for the address changing and everything, but nothing.

I see the point that the same address has to be used, but i have two rhetorical questions:
1. What says the Paypal policy if the recipient change his address during the dispute and there is proof for that?
2.  Which is more important and more logic - to use the old invalid address where nobody will get this bulky package and it will be returned or to find alternate way to return it, you return it successful and you have proof for that?
Don't answer me, i know already.

Conclusions:
1. In paypal the managers that reveiw the cases behave like robots who don't think logical
2. Buyer protection means nothing. If I'm the seller I can just write an invalid address for unsuccessful delivery, paypal don't care if this address is valid, because see the point 1 above.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nantic
Contributor
Contributor

...sounds like paypal is not working for us, the buyers, so after my current dispute is settled one way or the other, i am closing my paypal account...it's a pity because paypal has been very useful in the past but something has changed and it is no longer viable for us, the buyers, imo...

Login to Me Too

dpehlivanov
Contributor
Contributor

You’re absolutely right, Paypal doesn’t care at all. IMO they use some kind of stupid robots, AI or whatever it is to make decisions for the case outcomes without taking in consideration all facts. And then when you’re **bleep** up you try to appeal the cases nobody there from the real live agents cares and just confirm the previous decision. It is stupid how you pay fees for some robots or tech tools to decide for yourself what will happen with your hard earned money. In my case i got burned with 600 euro. Buyer protection my **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.