PayPal Asking For Tax ID From My Personal Account

Kadette21
New Community Member
Personal account is now mistaken as a seller's account after receiving funds from BF ($60) that he accidentally sent me as goods & service. Unfortunately, I’m an idiot and thought PayPal was now charging small fees for sending & receiving money, so I simply transferred the rest of the money ($57.78) to my account. However, I noticed that something was weird when PayPal sent me an email asking me to provide a Tax ID (after he sent me money again, on a different day)… can I fix this by refunding him all the money? P.S. We were transferring money to pay for all our vacation expenses.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Phgithub17
Contributor
Contributor
You should change your personal account to debit card and use it for online transaction becouse personal account and diffent of funtion while the debit card is use for online and services transaction while personal account is our savings for bussines and personal transation
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Celeste

Hi @Kadette21,

Thanks for your post. I understand we've asked for your tax ID, which has caused some confusion. Since you mentioned this happened after receiving a couple of payments, it sounds like PayPal may have been asking to confirm your identity. We'll typically ask for this information to help you keep money in PayPal and use other features that rely on a balance. With that being said, unless you've requested to upgrade your account, then it is likely still seen as a personal account. I hope this information helps!

Take care,

- Celeste

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.