PAYPAL INST XFER WEB ID: PAYPALSI77

nJoiOnlY
Contributor
Contributor

How safe is PayPal now?   Somebody has used my son's account and did ACH Debit 3 times for a total of $450.

All transactions were debited directly from his checking account and payable to Web ID: PAYPALS77

October 5, 2017
PAYPAL INST XFER DELEESA2011 WEB ID: PAYPALSI77 $50.00

October 13, 2017

PAYPAL INST XFER SOFTCELBERG WEB ID: PAYPALSI77 $200.00

PAYPAL INST XFER GCHAZ193 WEB ID: PAYPALSI77 $200.00

The funny thing is there was no activity at all in his Summary/Activity.  So, he called PayPal and they told him that somebody has used his identity to open another account and done bogus transactions in another country.  PayPal closed the fake account instantly and advised my son to contact his bank to do neccesary steps for his own protection.

I don't understand why PayPal could not stop any cloning account without verifying first.  As far as I remember you need to verify and confirm even for an email change.  Is PayPal really safe now?

Login to Me Too
64 REPLIES 64

Nsandhu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PAYPAL,

I want to report the similar transaction on my bank account on Dec 26th 2017 from

PAYPAL INST XFER SHARE WHEEL WEB ID: PAYPALSI77

Although I was only charged $2 in this transaction but I did not make any purchase via paypal or on any online website and I do not want more scam transfers to take place. 

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks,

Navkiran

Login to Me Too

ggccxx
New Community Member

I have the same problem with you. the exactly same WEB ID 

Login to Me Too

KWC07
Contributor
Contributor
Me too!!!
Login to Me Too

Crawlings
New Community Member
Did this ever get resolved? I just realized I’ve get getting debits from our daughters account for the past year of anywhere from $10-$21.50 Wondering hope to take care of it Thank you
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525FM
New Community Member

I had the same thing happen to me with this user ID on 12-26-17 for $60. The transaction doesn't show up on my paypal activity so I don't know how to resolve it. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Login to Me Too

TheDevil
New Community Member
Call your bank. Most banks offer fraud protection
Login to Me Too

ushir855
Contributor
Contributor

I had a charge of $1375 on my account by this same person. I am going to close the paypal account .

Seems like they are in no mood to close this fake account or take necessary steps , how ridiculous. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized activity you're seeing in your bank. When a transaction occurs on a bank or debit/credit card that doesn't show up on your PayPal account, that means that the financial instrument was used either to make a new account or to make a guest payment. PayPal stops a large percentage of fraudulent transactions, but there are times when the fraud is not immediately detectable and only a report by the owner of the financial instrument can guide us to finding the fraud. 

If you have not done so already, please contact PayPal so we can investigate. A representative can track down the nature of the fraud and determine if it was the bank or a card that was compromised. They will also be able to block further fraud on the PayPal system using that card or bank. Once you know what specifically was compromised, you can contact the financial institution and report the account as compromised and have a new number issued to prevent the fraudster from using that information on any other platforms.

You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jamkemcam
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has done nothing to resolve this issue! I’ve found similar charges on my bank statement from ((2012))!!!!! This apparently occurred for months and is shows up with various charges in my bank statements however back then the Web ID was : PayPalsi66. Apparently now it has changed to PayPalsi77 5 years later. I talked to their dispute dept and they said “I’m sorry we don’t see anything on our side...goodbye.” They didn’t even acknowledge me mentioning this forum telling them someone is still doing this 5 years later!!! This is ridiculous but I’m glad that some of you are getting back your money/ caught it in enough time.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.