ORDERPLUS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED SCAM for Bait and Switch

Dgotang
Contributor
Contributor

ORDERPLUS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED is a bait and switch company.  I do not believe that they are a retail business at all.  They set up a dummy website with a product that they do NOT carry (like a phone case for underwater use).  They have you order the product at a great price.  They then send you product that is worth less than $5 and pay only a couple of dollars in china freight.  They know that you didn't get what you want.  Half of the buyers give up then (They keep $35- $7 = $28 profit).  The second half of the ripped off buyers place a dispute with Paypal.  The seller offers a refund of $21 and half accept (They keep $35 -$7 -$21 = $7 profit.  The second half or 1/4 will reject the settlement and Paypal will ask the buyer to rebox the merchandise, address the package for return, ship it and record the tracking number for approximately $25.  Most will give up and not send back the item because of the high shipping cost.  A few will go down the road and pay the $25 shipping and send it back.  After 30 days, the seller will inform Paypal that the return was never received.  The tracking number will not prove it was received and the buyer/shipper will now have to apply for an insurance claim and Paypal will close the case as successfully resolve.  The bait and switch seller will now keep the $28 profit for their fraud.  Enough complaints and they will start over and call themselves a new name and set up a new Paypal sellers account with a new product.

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

Ap910
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. Could not work out why all my items in one parcel from GAO ZHUO. Did not realise all coming from China as I would not purchase due to clothing sizes being so way out. These were bought off internet from different companies. I measured as advised but none fit ,and 2 sizes too small at least. The sandals are nice and fit well. I phoned the return label ECX UK to be told they were just a mail holder and I need to contact seller. PayPal says money taken by orderplus international but cannot contact and no contact address etc for GAO ZHUO!!! This did not happen until all the trade with China ?
Login to Me Too

Lisatafu03
Where is my order???
Login to Me Too

Golfnutof18
New Community Member

So am I to understand PayPal knows this is the game of these scam thugs and continues to allow them on the platform to scam customers?

Login to Me Too

Golfnutof18
New Community Member

Hey, so I fell for this and lost my money to these thugs.  It was my fault for trusting the integrity of PayPay and the merchants on the platform, but never again.  I will check them out going forward provided I couldn't find the item with a company I trust.  I will also use a credit card and if this crap happens again I know the card company will do a reverse of payment.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Golfnutof18 

Perhaps but not much they can do about it. PayPal can close the accounts, but they'll come right back and open a new account, new site. All you can do is be vigilant. Hate to say it but PayPal still gets their cut no matter the outcome of transactions. On the other hand, there are users who get away with avoiding PayPal fees by using friends and family for goods and services transactions so...it evens out in the end. People scam each other in general. We do not live in a perfect world.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

IanScotson
Contributor
Contributor
No, we are not all inclined to scam and cheat our way through life. Paypal WAS my go to method of paying for things but not any more.
Login to Me Too

Newell
Contributor
Contributor
Yep!!!! And I’m starting to think going straight through with my CC from bank, that my bank would take care of this faster
Login to Me Too

Missglo407
Yes bank is quicker
Login to Me Too

markasmithson
Contributor
Contributor
They have many new company names keep popping up and luring in people. They come up with a new one on a weekly basis but reporting them to Facebook ig or Twitter or any other advertising outlet they use comes to nothing because they just open a new site. The PayPal account should be closed down. They are plain scammers click bait and fraudulently using other companies copied websites and passing themselves as something they are not. Posting feedback to warn others isn't allowed.
Login to Me Too

SK8D8
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, it seems that I've been stung the same.  I paid out $14USD for the return of the item only because of the sense of satisfaction of the seller getting 0$.  Now 2 weeks after confirmed delivery by the courier and PayPal has asked for the shipment number again, obviously because this scumbag seller is denying receipt.  I should've realised that PayPal would take the easiest and cheapest option to "resolve" it. 

Even FaceBook have relented and removed advertising for Orderplus, but I guess they're not out of pocket because of it.

A big "**bleep** YOU!" 🖕 to PayPal for continuing to support and be complicit in your customers being defrauded.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.