Merchant committing fraud

Ritterrd7
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone that has used PayPal on wish.com been a victim of fraud? I suspect that I have and wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else. In May I made an order through wish.com and used PayPal to pay for the items. Thought everything went fine, received my order no complaints with the merchandise. Then fast forward to July. I receive  a threatening letter from klarna, a third party similar to PayPal, asking for payment for the exact same items I ordered and paid with using paypal. I never placed an order using kLarna, never used their service or have an account with them so I dont know how they got my information. I sent them proof that I used PayPal and contacted wish asking them to cancel the fraudulent order. Then the original order disappeared and my invoice on wish.com was fraudulently altered to reflect that karma was the Chosen payment method. In other words its as if the merchant waited for my payment to go through then deleted the invoice proving payment and then fraudulently re entered all my information to another payment service in order to get paid twice. The point of this rant is to ask if PayPal has any way to report fraud that may have been perpetrated by the merchant? Or if the order no longer exists in the merchant's system  can I at least reverse the transaction from PayPal so that I'm not paying twice? I contacted wish and they are refusing to send me the original order number. If I accidentally ordered twice the paid order would still be in wishes system so I know I didn't do this!  I have proof I paid but only the amount, date, And the original order number. Thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ritterrd7 

Click “Legal” at the bottom-right of this page, then click your country and then click “PayPal Acceptable Use Policy” link, scroll to the bottom to make a report.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.