MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS B.O.U.G.H.T BY ME!!

adam_0031
Contributor
Contributor

As the title suggests, I bought my PayPal account from a friend on D.iscord two years ago. At that time, I needed it urgently, but the Covid-19 epidemic made it impossible for me to set up a bank account, so I decided to purchase a PayPal account from him. Six months ago, I needed to use PayPal, so I checked and discovered that my PayPal account had lost a strange amount of money paying for games from India. I decided to change my password, email, and phone number. Today, when I needed to use my PayPal account, I found it was permanently locked for violating PayPal’s terms. I called PayPal in my area (Vietnam), and they did not support me because I am not the original owner of the account. I need to delete my current account and create a new PayPal account with a bank account, email, phone, and everything else that belongs to me.

What I need to do? Hope everyone can help me. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@adam_0031 

Sadly you can't close a permanently limited account. Paypal limits it to stop you removing anything from it.
They don't want you to be able to use anything linked to it to try and open another Paypal account.

Its you that has been banned not just your paypal account so if you open another account you may be banned again so your best bet is to reach out to customer services and ask if they will allow you to open a new account. However you won't be able to use anything linked to the old banned account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.