Kinguin Digital Limited Scam - Denied Refund

MariaDd
Contributor
Contributor

So my account got hacked and they made an unauthorized transaction for a site called Kinguin Digital Limited I opened a dispute as soon as I saw the transaction but paypal denied my request saying it was not unauthorized. I have removed my card from my account and I don't plan on using it again because I feel so unsafe. They say that they protect their clients but that is so untrue.

I'm still trying to contact them but it seems quite hard does anyone have any advice?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

hussainali954
I had same issue someone purchase 2 gift card of 150 each and PayPal says payment was authorized,PayPal always deny problem,all is authorized so they don't have to work thanks for losing my money in pandemic
Login to Me Too

Ted45
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me too, claim denied by PayPal. Having read this and seeing others with the same experience I shall be back in touch with customer services.

Login to Me Too

Ttttttt2
Same I’m scared I changed all my passwords and put 5 step verification
Login to Me Too

rvgabriel
Contributor
Contributor

Hey did Paypal refunded you?

Did Kinguin ticket support started threatening you about returning them the money? (If paypal refunded you?)

Login to Me Too

rvgabriel
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me, idk how someone created an account on this website called Kinguin using my email, and bought something for 22€

I asked paypal for refund, and yes, they refunded me because they told me this:

"If after the review the transactions are found to be unauthorized, you will be refunded the full amount."

But on the Kinguin website I opened a ticket for support, and this is what they're telling me:

One more time please be informed that the purchase has been made using your details and dispatched to the Kinguin account connected to your email.
Please do note that you are responsible for your online account's safety. You are the owner of the account and the digital entity accountable for the purchase.
Due to the unauthorized purchases, our suppliers have been deprived of their payouts.
We kindly ask you to return the reversed value to (their paypal email) and provide us with the transaction ID so we can locate the payment in our system. If you refuse to cover the expense of this transaction, we will be forced to take legal steps in this case."

What is this, a threat?? 

We strongly advise you to start cooperating with us.

Regards,

Pauline

Login to Me Too

MichelBn
Contributor
Contributor

Kinguin sent four or five mails to me, threatening with legal actions. I told them each time that I was not willing to pay for something I did not buy, that I could prove that the purchase was not made from my IP address and that I had filed a report with the police which would prove this.

In my last reply I asked them to use their state of the art legal team to report charges with the police as well to find out who made that purchases from the ip address they logged. After that I did not get any response back.

Probably a tactic of them to pursuade victims to pay them, because they lose money with this scam as well.

Login to Me Too

Alianjum1
Contributor
Contributor

hi i am sure you have same password on same site so if one website is haked they get all passwords make sure you changed all pasword

Login to Me Too

HEARTBRKKIDDX
New Community Member
This is crazy are you for real right now!!
Login to Me Too

Derex0
New Community Member
Me too but pay pal was kind and refunded my money someone bought almost 260 euro worth of games Fifa points and need for speed unbound “Funny part” i don’t like football and i will never buy games from ea in general
Login to Me Too

Carlosboada
Contributor
Contributor
The same happend to me and I even have no money in my paypal acount
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.