Kinguin Digital Limited Scam - Denied Refund

MariaDd
Contributor
Contributor

So my account got hacked and they made an unauthorized transaction for a site called Kinguin Digital Limited I opened a dispute as soon as I saw the transaction but paypal denied my request saying it was not unauthorized. I have removed my card from my account and I don't plan on using it again because I feel so unsafe. They say that they protect their clients but that is so untrue.

I'm still trying to contact them but it seems quite hard does anyone have any advice?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

rccrf
Contributor
Contributor
Hey PayPal deny the from using your services. Protect your customers. They stole over $100 from me, from an account that had only one consistent transaction interaction. So don't you think it's kind of suspicious when all of a sudden out of nowhere an account with a 3yr consistent transaction history is magically getting new charges? FIX THIS PROBLEM NOW. OR WE'LL START A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT SINCE YOU APPEAR TO BE COMPLACENT I THIS THEFT AND SCAM.
Login to Me Too

tas_gad
Contributor
Contributor

i got scammed by kinguin digital limited. same things happened with me on 14th feb. they withdraw money from my account by two same amount transaction. thank god. as soon as i got to know i deleted the card and inform the bank and police cyber crime department. i filed a complaint and i got my money back from my bank. not for digital kinguin limited. they sent me mail in which they says that i purchased some game key. i never heard of that site. never visited that site. they mentioned the address in mail where i never lived or connected. location was fake. now kinguin digital limited is threatening me by mail saying. i have read post here many people in same time period got scammed by this technique. between jan 10 to feb 20. Paypal needs to resolve this issue. i have read on post here. its the same scam happened in 2016. but still paypal is not doing much to get rid of this bug. heres the same case happened earlier. https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Protections/Kinguin-Limited-Digital-Item-Scam/td-p/1081608....

Login to Me Too

tudz96
Contributor
Contributor
I am currently experiencing the same issue. I have no clue how they gained access to my account but have since changed my password and upped my security. Here's hoping I can get my money back
Login to Me Too

dorianptrl
Contributor
Contributor
I come to France, I receive the same problem I was robbed 47 euros, a hacker bought call of duty, and other, so I asked the refund is impossible pfff
Login to Me Too

tmarie45
Contributor
Contributor
I too was a victim of Kinguin PayPal fraud. My initial dispute was also denied. In the 20ish years that my PayPal account has been open, I have only disputed two transactions so I was very upset. On appeal, the transaction was refunded. Keep trying! Also, I am still being harassed by Kinguin for their reversed transaction. The most recent email threatened to send my case to their "legal department ". Seems like maybe they need to stop accepting PayPal if they can't respect their policy regarding fraudulent transactions! I am considering filing complaints against Kinguin so if anybody reading this has suggestions of who to send them to, I would appreciate your input.
Login to Me Too

EslamSamir1993
Contributor
Contributor

For me PayPal is refunded the amount .
kinguin is denied to refund they asked me to back the money again lol!

Login to Me Too

rvgabriel
Contributor
Contributor

same here...

Login to Me Too

3pups
This happened to me today. I sent an unauthorized claim message to pay pal. I hope the work with me.
Login to Me Too

antacct
Contributor
Contributor

I too had $160 charged on 4 different days in a span of 10 days. I have disputed it as an unauthorized claim to pay pal. I hope I get my money back.  

Login to Me Too

HansSter
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE FOUND OUT HOW THEY DO IT!

And it's a shame Paypal is ontinuing to work with this criminal organisation.

They have not really hacked into your account. They just bought our login and password from soms data breach at Paypal. They then use that information to create a Kinguin account in your name.

I myself got scammed on March 6th for about 26 euro. Getting no refund from Paypal or Kinguin, I've decided to investigate it myself.

I've actually created two accounts on Kinguin myself and found a discrepancy between thowe two accounts and the one that was made on March 6th. Normally you get a "Welcome!" mail, immediately followed by a mail asking to verify your mail address. On March 6th, however, I've received a mail... with my password. Minutes later the purchase of some stupid gaming code was made

Having discovered a Paypal payment that was not authorized by me, I've decided to log in to Kinguin with the password they so conviently provided and it's only then that I've received the "Welcome!" mail. I have NEVER been asked to verify my mail address.

Does that sound familiar?

If you go to https://id.kinguin.net/ and login with your mail address and the password you've been sent, you will be able to check the login history of your account. Mine clearly shows the first two logins were made from an IP address that is not mine...

Do not stop filing complaints with Paypal! This criminal organisation should not be allowed to use Paypal!

And PS: change your password!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.