Kicked off PayPal

JudyElla
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I received a message that I can no longer use PayPal.  It said:

"After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we detected that this account was created using either fraudulent or stolen information."

I have had this account since 2003.  I used it in the beginning to buy items on eBay and then in 2004 I sold items for a few months.  Then, I have hardly used PayPal until recently to make purchases (non-eBay).  I have absolutely no idea what I did wrong.  When I go to the Resolution Center and Account Limitations, there are no "steps" for me to take.  It only says, "you can no longer use PayPal." No where to appeal or call anyone.  I called customer service and reached a call center.  All the person would tell me is that there was fraud and could tell me nothing more and said to go to the Resolution page, which again, tells me nothing and no where to go from there.  I was going to start selling on eBay in April and I'm afraid that may never again be an option for me.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JudyElla 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.