Is this a scam

Minol122
New Community Member
So I recieved an email stating that I have been paid 320 and payment is pending. But nowhere does it say on my app or website about the payment. Im wondering if this is a scam? This was meant to be an ebay buyer paying me btw
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Minol122 

Then it’s a scam. Does the email you received even resemble anything to an official email from PayPal normally received? Are the graphics displaced, outdated, bad grammar, bad spelling, too wordy, too much instructions to do, this do that (pay a third party, buy a gift card)?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Minol122 

When someone REALLY pays, you’re supposed to receive a email payment confirmation from PayPal AND see a record of payment in your PayPal account. Even if payment is pending due to a hold. Otherwise, it’s a scam or something is very wrong so do not ship.

Forward the email to spoof@paypal.com

Login to Me Too

Minol122
New Community Member
Yea I don't see any pending payments that's the problem.
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Minol122 

Then it’s a scam. Does the email you received even resemble anything to an official email from PayPal normally received? Are the graphics displaced, outdated, bad grammar, bad spelling, too wordy, too much instructions to do, this do that (pay a third party, buy a gift card)?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.