I was denied resolution twice

mobr
Contributor
Contributor

At what point does it become fraud when the merchant just up and denies you access to a website service and takes your money?
I purchased a subscription and then the merchant denied me access. 
The merchant took my payment and 2 weeks later I am denied access.
Took my payment again and still denies me access. 
I filed a dispute and was denied twice. 
I gave conversations logs and photos supporting that I do not have access and the business was rude and disrespectful.
Merchant can provide all the logs they want and the logs showed that I have NOT had access, yet I am still denied with PayPal stating that there was not enough evidence even though my password does not work and I cannot get access even after being online with the Paypal rep and showing I could not get access. Paypal's ruling was that it was not a situation of goods or services not as described despite the fact I am supposed to have a full month's access and I got 2 weeks.. After 2 weeks of nonaccess, They took my payment again and still denied me access. I still do not have access and am supposed to have a full month's access.

What is to stop them from cutting me off again even if I accepted the month access that they took payment for?
I just want my money back. May not seem like much, but it is theft and bad business and places like this need to be stopped.

How do I get my money back when Paypal resolutions is denying me my claim to an obvious business that is conducting theft and bad practices?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mobr 

You needed to read up on paypals buyer protection as they don't cover you for 'not as described' digital or virtual items.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mobr
Contributor
Contributor

I cant find a link to the full buyer protection on what is and is not allowed or covered.
If you can provide a link I would be appreciative.

Also, paying for a service and then the seller doesnt provide that service is theft no matter what and that is covered in the very basic levels of the buyer protection plan. Paypal has denied my claim despite this fact.
I paid for a service and do not have access to that service. All the seller says is that my account is active and they have logs proving I have logged in and I have not. I even did a short video and submitted it showing that I cannot log in and still I was denied.

I have filed with my bank and am reporting the business to the BBB and others for fraud, since Paypal has done nothing.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mobr 

Yep a chargeback via bank or card is always another option, paypal will only do 'something' if you had the buyer protection that they offered.

And yes it is fraudulent but as paypal has not defrauded you and does not cover you then you can pursue your own legal action against the seller if you wish to (if the bank does not work out either).

Buyer protection is in Paypals user agreement for your country. Or just put 'buyer protection' in HELP top of every paypal page. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.