I think my money is going to someone else through a back door

terriblu
New Community Member
I think that PayPal has a viruses that send money to other people or hackers are using information fraudulently to obtain my money through a back door
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

LCF61
Contributor
Contributor
I transferred money just using their name. I was not given an opportunity to confirm correct email. Money went to a person with same name different email address. PayPal will take no action to refund money to me. Surely there is a flaw within the system. £432 lighter and very disappointed in the PayPal.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi LCF61, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum. 

We are sorry to hear this. To send money using PayPal please use a person's email address, or confirmed phone number. When sending funds you are required to confirm the payment on the checkout page, and the details of the person you are sending money to will be shown to you. I'm afraid once you have completed the transaction we are unable to cancel the payment. If you made this transaction using the Goods/Service payment option, please open a dispute for "Item not Received". More information on how to open a dispute can be found here - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-open-a-dispute-with-a-seller-faq1344

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

LCF61
Contributor
Contributor
I have just repeated the transaction using the NAME of payee as your PayPal box suggests and at no point is the details of the person you are paying shown for you to confirm a correct. I have taken a snap of this for evidence.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.