I returned item, paypal refuses refund

Dizzypet
Contributor
Contributor
I paid for an item through paypal 12 month payments. It didnt work out and i contacted the seller for a return address. They provided a return address. I paid for a label and I returned the purchase and have tracking for it. The Item was returned and delivered on 7/12/23. The seller has not contacted me back at all and ive received no refund. I contacted paypal and asked to open a case for a refund. I Waited a week and paypal decided in favor of the seller. I contacted paypal again and they asked for proof of delivery and proof that the seller was accepting returns. I provided both. They opened up a appeal case. I waited another week and they decided in favor of the seller again. I contacted paypal again and the person I talked to said that since I returned the items before asking paypal for a refund, I can no longer ask for a refund. So now I have no item and no refund. What should I do now?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dizzypet 

If you opened a dispute for item received but not as described then the item has to be ''significantly'' other than as described or you may well lose the claim anyway.

However if and only if paypal found in your favour then they would give you an address to return the item back to at your own expense and providing a tracking number that proved delivery of the item back to the merchant.

You didn't presumably raise a dispute and chose to resolve it between yourself and the merchant.

So your only option is 'if' you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then you could contact your card issuer and try a chargeback?   

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dizzypet
Contributor
Contributor

No, what it was is the seller has a return policy reguardless of condition. I returned the item and the seller basically ghosted me after receiving the shipment back. and thats when i contacted paypal to step in. i would hope since the item shows delivered back to the seller that paypal would understand that i no longer have the item and i need a refund for the return.

Login to Me Too

pigifoto
Contributor
Contributor

pigifoto
Contributor
Contributor
for paypal the journey of the package is not understood

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.