I have not received goods paid for with PayPal.

Barreller
Contributor
Contributor

I bought goods in January and they have not arrived.  The delivery company (Evri) have messaged me to tell me that they have lost the shipment and it cannot be found.  The seller have told PayPal that the items have been delivered so PayPal have closed my claim.  Help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Barreller
Contributor
Contributor

This did get sorted out eventually. PayPal ruled that my claim was refused so they closed the case.  I emailed the supplier accusing them of telling untruths to PayPal because they knew that the goods had not been delivered.  The seller told me very quickly that they had refunded my money but when I checked it appeared on my credit card as another debit for the same amount.  You can imagine my fury!!  This "pending" transaction disappeared as quickly as it appeared and my PayPal account then showed a refund which appeared on my credit card a couple of days later.  All very strange and I shall not be trading with this company again.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Barreller 

Paypal is just a payment processor that gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection.
So disputes for non receipt of item are mostly automated. Seller provides tracking that shows delivery = seller wins.
So then its your turn to do some work to assist Paypal in recovering your purchase price from your seller.

Firstly ring Paypal customer services and tell them that the number is fake or that the item was shown as shipped before you purchased it. With that information they may well just issue you a refund.

Secondly if they don't then... APPEAL
To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Barreller
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  It seems that this particular transaction was different.  I have obtained refunds for non delivery from PayPal on several occasions in the past and the process is very easy and quick.  Indeed there was one dispute I opened after the current one and I was refunded within a couple of days.  For this one EVRI provided a picture of a hand holding a package with an unreadable name and address over what appears to be a wheelie bin.  This the seller took to be proof of delivery to me and so they told PayPal that I had received the package and PayPal ruled against me.  I contacted the seller again yesterday, advising them that I considered that they had lied to PayPal and they have now charged me again for the undelivered items.  I am now almost £200 down with nothing to show.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Barreller
Contributor
Contributor

This did get sorted out eventually. PayPal ruled that my claim was refused so they closed the case.  I emailed the supplier accusing them of telling untruths to PayPal because they knew that the goods had not been delivered.  The seller told me very quickly that they had refunded my money but when I checked it appeared on my credit card as another debit for the same amount.  You can imagine my fury!!  This "pending" transaction disappeared as quickly as it appeared and my PayPal account then showed a refund which appeared on my credit card a couple of days later.  All very strange and I shall not be trading with this company again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.