I had been scammed selling my BTC now PayPal want's me to pay.

iDudiHU
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had a very stressful month my family is sick of covid and I want to get back home to them ASAP.

I sold all my BTC about 5K through LocalBitcoins, after I got the money that Paypal notified me about I released the BTC to the buyer. A few hours later I got an email from Paypal saying: "We recently notified you that a payment you received was made without the account holder's permission or was the result of a transaction error."
I provided every piece of evidence to Paypal I got an email days later while I was fully stressed out about this: "We've decided the case in your favor If there was a hold on this transaction, it has been removed."
Even after this, I had to provide evidence as the buyer disputed yet again claiming now that, "he made the transaction but he never received the goods" information, and days later finally I hat the money on my balance.
I initiated a deposit to my bank which took a few days because of PayPal "We’ve placed your withdrawal under review and this will last for up to 24 hours. "
Finally, I have the money to purchase the tickets and so I've spent the money that is rightfully mine and Paypal decide since October 8th is mine and now: "We are writing to let you know one of your buyers opened a case for this transaction. The buyer stated that they did not authorize this purchase."
Not only that without warning Paypal debited the amount claiming "Your eligibility for Seller Protection has been revoked as your PayPal account is limited." even though I had been providing all the necessary information thought the whole debate. Now I don't have the money to pay out and am being harassed with a dept that I don't even have as Paypal decides it is rightfully mine I need help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @iDudiHU,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear that a recent sale has not quite gone as expected. Normally when a dispute is sided in the buyer's favor, the funds would be debited from your account unless the transaction is covered by Seller Protection. Unfortunately in your dispute case, it sounds like the transaction was not covered. In that case, it would cause a negative balance in your account which you would be asked to pay to restore your balance to full functionality. Also, there may potentially be additional steps to take to restore your account to full normality and remove the limitation. Those steps can be found in the Resolution Center. To read more about our Seller Protection, please follow this link: What is the PayPal Seller Protection Policy and what items aren’t covered?

My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.