I got scammed but I can’t cancel my order!

ahmedsfath
Contributor
Contributor
So I Ordered a ps5 today from the jpn-PlayStation website which it turned out to be a scam, I haven’t got the item yet because my order is still in processing. I found out it was a scam after Seeing that this website is not trusted, and another interesting thing, listen to this part carefully, when I go to the summary page on PayPal, I’ve been charged 350$ by some guy that I don’t even know, I am supposed to be charged by the company Sony, very shocking! Now I want to cancel my order on PayPal but I have to contact the seller first which he scammer, and I still did it, got no reply, I try to dispute and I get an error message “you cannot dispute the transaction of this type”. What can I do, please help me!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ahmedsfath 

If it’s pending, the charge did not go through yet, once it does, then you may put through a PayPal dispute, especially if there’s no point in talking to the scamming seller. A pending charge cannot be voided by anyone other than the seller unless it’s pending beyond 30 days.

Always research the site before buying. Anyone can set up shop these days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ahmedsfath
Contributor
Contributor
Is there anything I can do right now to solve this problem, maybe contacting my bank account or something? Or do I need to wait for the order to process and then I can dispute, Please let me know.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.